- Answering EVR ISD Upgrade Queries
- Understanding EVR ISD Upgrade Canister
- Fundamentals Of Gas Pump Repair & Maintenance
- Gas Station Construction Planning Essentials
- Services Provided By Gas Station Contractors
Gas Station Construction Planning Essentials
Gas station construction is amongst the most demanding constructional processes and requires the creation of well-structured and detailed plans. Gas stations have to be compatible with state/local regulations and ensure utmost convenience for their customers, besides being commercially viable. Many factors determine the conception of gas station construction plans and some of these are:
Location or site selection is the most fundamental aspect of any gas station construction plan. The ideal property for gas or service stations should be such that they do not flout any rules regarding proximity to residential or educational premises. There are many local administrations that prohibit the presence of fuelling stations near public spaces such as public libraries or institutions that have children and dependents.
While developing a gas station construction plan, it is imperative to ensure that easy entrance and exit points are created for customers. This includes, planning the number of curb cuts on the way to the fuelling point and the dedicated frontage area along the streets.
- It is necessary to create a certain margin from the adjacent properties since gas station construction, sometimes turns out to be a repeated process in the form of infrastructure upgrades and installation of new equipments.
- Congestion is often found at gas stations and creation of free access in the form of off-street parking facilities is a simple way to solve this issue.
A crucial factor governing the gas station construction process is the planned location of the fuel pump platforms. Their location often dictates the need of constructing canopies immediately or in the near future. Further, it has to be established whether the canopies have to be created in a fixed or movable format since, there might be plans for future widening of the fuelling lanes.
Construction of Facility Walls
There are many state-based local administrations that have reservations against the creation of elevated service station walls and often scrutinize the distance of these walls from the street frontage.
Example: At the time of conceptualizing gas station construction, it is crucial to decide the location of facilities like the automated car washing area. Often, local rules suggest that such noisy areas need to be separated from adjacent properties by masonry walls of a certain minimum height and thickness. Further:
Other Considerations For Gas Station Construction Planning
- The need for a solid or wired fenced wall to be erected along the site
- Requirement of exterior lighting and how it should be deflected away from nearby residential areas (if any)
- The need to place signs and provision of spaces for putting-up promotional displays
- The need to provide paved pathways along the driving, parking, service and storage areas
- Warehouse needs and the extent of stocking of inflammable products
- Dedicated spaces that are needed for parking rental trucks and trailers
- Creation of temporary canopies that might be needed for storage purposes.
Two Functional Essentials
Another aspect that has gained prominence in the last decade is creation of proper resources for water recycling and maintenance of air quality while planning a gas station construction.
- Water recycling systems refer to the disposal and re-use of water according to state or federal guidelines.
- Air quality mechanisms refer to installation of equipments that control the amount of air entering/exiting through mechanical or natural vents and their ability to neutralize noxious air pollutants.
To read more about Fastech and Construction, Maintenance and Compliance Testing go to:
Service station maintenance, Gas Pump Repair and EVR ISD Upgrade Canister.